The Primary Aldosteronism Foundation is committed to creating the paradigm shift that will lead to optimum diagnosis and treatment of the disease by raising awareness, fostering research, and providing support to patients and healthcare professionals worldwide.
To achieve its mission, the Foundation focuses on areas at the intersection of research, diagnosis, treatment and patient-oriented solutions.
In its advocacy role, the Foundation’s objective is to be a voice for patients, and raise awareness:
- At all levels of healthcare so that primary aldosteronism is no longer considered a rare disease but the major public health issue that it actually is; and
- In the general public, to reach out to undiagnosed patients and foster the inclusion of patients’ experience in care and research processes.
In its catalyst role, the Foundation aims at promoting accelerated research through funding proportional to the number of affected patients to fill the knowledge gap with regard to aldosterone and the pathogenesis of primary aldosteronism, and to find effective ways of diagnosing and treating the disease at-scale.
In its knowledge translation role, the Foundation’s objectives include:
- Promoting the diffusion of successful models of care;
- Improving quality of care by promoting the update and dissemination of guidelines; and
- Being a central source of information for patients and healthcare professionals.