- Adrenalectomy may improve Diabetes symptoms in nearly half of primary aldosteronism patients with DM January 26, 2023China: Researchers from China found that Adrenalectomy was successful in remitting and improving Diabetes in nearly half of primary aldosteronism (PA) patients with Diabetes. Longer duration of...Dr.Niharika Harsha B
- Q&A: Non-invasive scan facilitates detection and cure of common hypertension cause January 25, 2023A novel CT scan helped physicians identify hormone-producing nodules that cause hypertension, curing some patients of the condition with their removal, according to the results of a prospective, within-patient trial. Morris J. Brown, MD, FRCP, FMedSci, a professor of endocrine hypertension at the Queen Mary University of London, and colleagues wrote that primary aldosteronism (PA) […]Emma Bascom,Morris J. Brown, MD, FRCP, FMedSci
- Advanced Hybrid Close Loop System Could Improve Glucose Control in Youth with High-Risk Type 1 Diabetes January 24, 2023A prospective, dual-center study of people with high-risk type 1 diabetes using multiple daily injections aged 13-25 years demonstrates the utility of this technology in this patient population.Patrick Campbell
- AstraZeneca Initiates Tender Offer For $2 Billion CinCor Takeover January 24, 2023| January 27, 2023ForTraders
- Low- vs High-Dose Exercise Programs Yielded Similar Benefits in Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis January 23, 2023The multicenter superiority trial evaluated patients with diagnosed knee osteoarthritis and a history of pain and decreased knee function using patient-tailored exercise programs.Lana Dykes
- Development and validation of a nomogram model for individualized prediction of hypertension risk in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus January 23, 2023Scientific Reports - Development and validation of a nomogram model for individualized prediction of hypertension risk in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusNature
- New Study Supports 3-Meter Backward Walk Test Tool for Fibromyalgia January 21, 2023Single and dual-task conditions were implemented to determine the reliability of the 3MBWT alongside the Timed Up and Go test in assessing balance-related fibromyalgia symptoms.Giuliana Grossi
PA Foundation in the News
- Primary Aldosteronism AllianceIn September 2022, the PA Foundation announced the creation of a multistakeholder alliance to drive diagnosis and treatment of primary aldosteronism.
- Dietary Sodium Global Call to ActionThe PA Foundation is one of the co-authors of the World Hypertension League’s call to action published in May 2022 by the Journal of Human Hypertension.
BMJ Practice Series: Easily Missed?The PA Foundation co-authored the article of the BMJ Practice Series on primary aldosteronism. The open access article was published in April 2022.
Doctors Overlook a Curable Cause of High BPMIT’s magazine, Undark, featured the PA Foundation in an article of its February 2022 edition dedicated to primary aldosteronism.
Notable Publications of the Year
Patients with PA have a higher incidence rate of renal stones than the general population, and have larger and harder stones than essential hypertensives.
Premedication with high dose dexamethasone to perform AVS is safe and accurate for diagnosing the source of aldosterone excess in patients with PA and allergy to iodine contrast media.
Test conduct, interpretation and verification varied largely. Under most scenarios, testing resulted in an excess of missed cases. Certainty of evidence underlying each test was very low.
Fertile women with arterial hypertension should be screened for PA before pregnancy and, if necessary, subtyped to identify unilateral forms of PA.
Midazolam and fentanyl can lead to a clinically significant reduction in cortisol concentration during unstimulated AVS, with lower selectivity indexes and fewer successful cannulations.
- Could this be the secret to reversing hypertension? January 27, 2023Reverse hypertension by limiting your sugar intake. Avoiding carbohydrates in general can lower your blood pressure. A cardiologist explains.health enews
- Orchestra BioMed Debuts as Nasdaq-Traded Company with Lead Programs Targeting Hypertension and Artery Disease and Novel Partnership-Enabled Business Model January 27, 2023Business combination with Health Sciences Acquisitions Corporation 2, a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by an affiliate of RTW Investments, LP, completed on January 26, 2023 The combination was announced simultaneously with Orchestra’s strategic collaboration with Medtronic to develop BackBeat Cardiac Neuromodulation Therapy™ as potential integrated hypertension treatment for cardiac pacemaker patients Gross proceeds from […]Orchestra BioMed, Inc.
- High Blood Pressure Medication Shown To Slow Aging and Extend Lifespan January 27, 2023Researchers have discovered that the hypertension drug rilmenidine can extend lifespan and slow aging. New research findings, published on January 20 in the journal Aging Cell, show that animals treated with rilmenidine, currently used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), at young and olderSciTechDaily
- High Blood Sugar and High Blood Pressure Control: How Walking can Combat Diabetes and Hypertension January 27, 2023A sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habits combine to play a major role in spiking blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Lifestyle coach Luke Coutinho quotes a recent research to emphasise on how simple exercises like walking and stretching can provide immense health benefitsIpsita Bhattacharya
- High Blood Pressure Management: 7 Effective Ayurvedic Remedies to Treat Hypertension at Home January 27, 2023The ancient knowledge of Ayurveda has given us several natural treatments that could help control blood pressure and maintain the health of your heart. Here are some ayurvedic remedies to follow at home along with your medication hypertension treatment.Zee Media Bureau
- Hypertension Drug Shown to Extend Lifespan And Slow Aging in Animals January 27, 2023But would it work in humans?ScienceAlert