Latest News on Primary Aldosteronism
- Cluster analysis of angiotensin biomarkers to identify antihypertensive drug treatment in population studies - BMC Medical Research Methodology May 27, 2023Background The recent progress in molecular biology generates an increasing interest in investigating molecular biomarkers as markers of response to treatments. The present work is motivated by a study, where the objective was to explore the potential of the molecular biomarkers of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) to identify the undertaken antihypertensive treatments in the general population. […]BioMed Central
- Primary Aldosteronism Market Research Report 2023-2031 Market Foresight By 2033 May 26, 2023The global Primary Aldosteronism Market Research Report 2023-2031 Market Report 2022 covers all thedatalys
- Dealmaking Quarterly Statistics, Q1 2023 May 24, 2023During Q1, biopharma merger and acquisition deal value reached $51.9bn and drew in $38.1bn in potential deal value from alliances. Device company M&A values reached $4.8bn, while in vitro diagnostics and research tools players’ M&A activity totaled $2.7bn.In Vivo
- Primary Aldosteronism Market Research Report 2023 by Product, Application, End-users, Region And Global Forecast to 2030 May 22, 2023New Jersey, United States,- This market research report delves into the size and forecast of thJoseph Watson
- Primary Aldosteronism Market Recent Developments and Trends 2023- Pfizer, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Bristol Laboratories, CMP Pharma, Koninklijke Philips, GE Healthcare May 19, 2023Global Primary Aldosteronism Market Research Report 2023-2029!! The Global Primary Aldosteronism matanmay
- Diagnosis Helps Resolve Marlboro Woman’s Hypertension May 18, 2023OLD BRIDGE, NJ - Kitty Chow, 43, began having high blood pressure shortly after the birth of her second child 10 years ago. Despite trying a number of different medications over the years, it...tapinto.net
- Global Primary Aldosteronism Market To Expand with an Astonishing CAGR During The Forecast Period 2023-2030 May 18, 2023According to the report, titled “Primary Aldosteronism Market: Global Industry Analysis and ForecastB2BDMR
PA Foundation in the News
- Primary Aldosteronism AllianceIn September 2022, the PA Foundation announced the creation of a multistakeholder alliance to drive diagnosis and treatment of primary aldosteronism.
- Dietary Sodium Global Call to ActionThe PA Foundation is one of the co-authors of the World Hypertension League’s call to action published in May 2022 by the Journal of Human Hypertension.
BMJ Practice Series: Easily Missed?The PA Foundation co-authored the article of the BMJ Practice Series on primary aldosteronism. The open access article was published in April 2022.
Doctors Overlook a Curable Cause of High BPMIT’s magazine, Undark, featured the PA Foundation in an article of its February 2022 edition dedicated to primary aldosteronism.
Notable Publications of the Year
Renal Stones and PA
Patients with PA have a higher incidence rate of renal stones than the general population, and have larger and harder stones than essential hypertensives.
AVS in Patients with Contrast Allergy
Premedication with high dose dexamethasone to perform AVS is safe and accurate for diagnosing the source of aldosterone excess in patients with PA and allergy to iodine contrast media.
Confirmatory Tests Review and Meta-Analysis
Test conduct, interpretation and verification varied largely. Under most scenarios, testing resulted in an excess of missed cases. Certainty of evidence underlying each test was very low.
PA in Pregnancy
Fertile women with arterial hypertension should be screened for PA before pregnancy and, if necessary, subtyped to identify unilateral forms of PA.
Sedation on AVS without Corticotropin Stimulation
Midazolam and fentanyl can lead to a clinically significant reduction in cortisol concentration during unstimulated AVS, with lower selectivity indexes and fewer successful cannulations.
Latest News on Hypertension
- Under Pressure? May 29, 2023BPClip costs under a dollar and attaches to any smartphone, using its camera and flash to capture accurate blood pressure measurements.Nick Bild
- There's Another Link Between Our Brain and Hypertension that Could Help Avoid Dementia May 29, 2023Dementia refers to the decline in cognitive abilities, such as thinking, memory, and reasoning. It is a prevalent condition in the US and around theRevyuh
- High Blood Pressure a Top Health Concern in Dallas County May 29, 2023Hypertension is a problem for many Americans, especially those in communities of color.Sophia Beausoleil
- Two key physiological systems found to be involved in high-salt-induced hypertension and dementia May 29, 2023Dementia is defined as the loss of cognitive functioning-;including thinking, remembering, and reasoning-;and is very prevalent in Japan.News-Medical.net
- Know your blood pressure: A silent killer on the rise May 29, 2023Hypertension (HTP), commonly known as high blood pressure, emerged as one of the most important epidemic diseases of the 21st century. Along with Diabetes, it plays an important role in causing Cardiovascular disease (CVD), such...Dr Praveen P Sadarmin
- Is your love for red meat raising your blood pressure? Unveiling 10 underlying risks May 29, 2023Explore the hidden link between your favourite red meat dishes and hypertension. This deep-dive reveals surprising factors that could be raising your blood pressure. Read on to stay informed and healthyGirish Shukla