- Treating Excess of One Hormone Shows Promise for Decreasing the Risk of Obstructive Sleep Apnea July 28, 2021Two UCSF surgeons set out to study the role a hormone plays in obesity and stumbled on a surprising finding.UCSF News Services
- Endocrine system 4: adrenal glands July 26, 2021Abstract The endocrine system consists of glands and tissues that produce and secrete hormones to...Nursing Times
- Test Can Predict Death Risk With Adrenal Tumors May 24, 2021This can help guide need for surgical intervention, researcher saysMedPage Today
- CinCor Pharma Announces Appointments of Three Experienced Independent Members to Its Board of Directors May 20, 2021Experienced biopharmaceutical executive, John F. Thero, Chief Executive Officer of Amarin Corporation PLC, a commercial-stage cardiovascular company Seasoned biopharmaceutical finance executive, Troy Ignelzi, Chief Financial Officer of Karuna Therapeutics, a clinical-stage neuroscience company Experienced biopharmaceutical executive, Marc de Garidel, former Chief Executive Officer of Corvidia Therapeutics, Chairman and former Chief Executive Officer of Ipsen GroupBioSpace
- Is This Treatable Condition Causing Your High Blood Pressure? April 28, 2021Many doctors are overlooking this potential source of hypertension.Money Talks News
- Clinical Highlights: 2021 CMHC Spring Cardiometabolic Health Congress April 22, 2021Top Experts Convene to Discuss the Syndemic of COVID-19 & Cardiometabolic Disease...GlobeNewswire
- Medical and Surgical Management of Aldosteronism April 16, 2021The authors explore the etiology and clinical presentation of primary and secondary aldosteronism as well as medical and surgical treatments.Clinical Advisor
- Primary Aldosteronism Still Missed and Untreated as Cause of Hypertension April 12, 2021Approximately half of patients with hypertension should be screened for primary aldosteronism as a potential cause of high blood pressure, but screening rates are low.The Cardiology Advisor
- Friday 5 from Endocrinology Network April 9, 2021The Friday 5 from Endocrinology Network is a list composed by the Endocrinolgoy Network editorial staff aimed at highlighting relevant coverage from endocrinology and endocrinology-related fields.Medical Economics
- How to live healthily and reduce high blood pressure April 6, 2021Methods to control blood pressure include a variety of lifestyle modifications to promote a healthy lifestyle and reduce blood pressure.Medical News Bulletin
Notable Publications of the Year
Current screening and diagnostic guidelines capture only a fraction of the more severe forms of primary aldosteronism and with very poor overall sensitivity. A revamping of current practice guidelines is needed, informed by our newer understanding of this disorder.
Single-Center Prospective Cohort Study on the Histopathology, Genotype, and Postsurgical Outcomes of Patients With Primary Aldosteronism
Adrenals with a nonclassical histopathology of unilateral primary aldosteronism are associated with a higher incidence of postsurgical disease persistence and increased aldosterone production from the unresected adrenal.
In this cohort, less than 1% of patients expected to have PA were ever formally diagnosed and treated. These findings suggest that a system-level approach to assist with investigation and treatment of PA may be highly effective in closing care gaps and improving clinical outcomes.
Autonomous cortisol secretion influences psychopathological symptoms in patients with primary aldosteronism
Patients with PA who also had autonomous cortisol secretion (ACS) had improved scores for anxiety and depression following treatment for PA. Women without ACS also showed improvement after treatment, while men without ACS did not.
Blood pressure sensitivity to aldosterone may exist across a broad spectrum that differs across race/ethnic groups and perhaps, within persons.
- Renal denervation treatment for use in hypertension patients August 5, 2021The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) has released a proceedings document outlining the possible role of renal denervation (RDN) as a therapeutic option to complement medical ...Science X staff
- High blood pressure: Relaxing activity to help reduce hypertension risk August 5, 2021 Express.co.uk
- China Pharma's Candesartan Hypertension Product Passes Bioequivalence Tests and the Company Plans to Apply for NMPA Approval August 5, 2021China Pharma Holdings, Inc. (NYSE American: CPHI) ("China Pharma," the "Company" or "We"), a specialty pharmaceutical company, today announced that its Candesartan hypertension product passed key bioequivalence tests. The Company plans to use the results of the key benchmark tests of consistency evaluation to apply for the National Medical Products Administration's (NMPA) approval. The NMPA […]PR Newswire
- Tenax Therapeutics Announced KOL Webinar on Levosimendan for Pulmonary Hypertension with Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction (PH-HFpEF) August 5, 2021Tenax Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: TENX) announces Levosimendan in PH-HFpEF webinar on Aug. 16th at 10 am, with Drs. Daniel Burkhoff & Stuart Rich.businesswire
- Here's Why It's So Important To Monitor Your Blood Pressure During Pregnancy August 5, 2021High blood pressure during pregnancy can happen even if you've never had hypertension before. Here's what those numbers can mean and what to do about them.Romper
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Pipeline Research Report 2021 August 5, 2021Thebusinesswire