My ARR tested positive (or was high). Now what do I do?

If your physician told you that you tested positive for primary aldosteronism because you have a high aldosterone-to-renin ratio (ARR), the next step is to get a confirmatory test. Since there is no “gold standard” and various options are possible, we recommend that you learn about confirmatory testing prior to your medical appointment.

If you haven’t already done so, you should see an endocrinologist, or a nephrologist or a cardiologist who is experienced with diagnosing and treating primary aldosteronism. You should also be evaluated for the presence of other conditions that commonly coexist with primary aldosteronism, such as cardiovascular, kidney, and metabolic diseases.

For other answers to frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQs page.