Do I have PA?

If you suspect that you have primary aldosteronism — and especially if you fall into one of the high risk categories listed on this website — you should ask your Primary Care Physician to order a blood test for aldosterone and renin. If your physician is not familiar with these tests or with primary aldosteronism, you should ask for a referral to an endocrinologist. These blood tests will allow your physician to calculate your aldosterone-to-renin ratio (ARR). A high ARR test result makes it likely that you have primary aldosteronism. In most cases, you will also need to get a separate confirmatory test.

For other answers to frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQs page.

©2021 Primary Aldosteronism Foundation — All Rights Reserved

The Primary Aldosteronism Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) public charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US.